Specializing in digitization and media migration, Preserve South leverages years of industry experience to provide stellar quality on all projects.
From new born digital files to legacy film and tape assets, the team at Preserve South can help develop a content strategy. Our years of experience have shown us that no off-the-shelf product meets all the needs of audiovisual preservation.
Preserve South’s factory trained and factory experienced engineers are experts in the repair and maintenance of nearly every playback deck available. The team of video engineers at Preserve South can clean, align, repair and even rebuild those hard to find VTR parts.
Preserve South also invested in the Lasergraphics ScanStation film scanner. Specifically designed for archival scanning, our 5K scanner can handle multiple film gauges including 35mm, 16mm and 8mm. We scan every project utilizing the 5K sensor which ensures maximum dynamic range and resolution of all scans. We employ the optional 16mm warped film kit for use on films with notable warping and cupping to ensure best possible image capture. Most importantly, the film technicians are industry veterans with over 25 years experience each.
Likewise, the team of media engineers ensure all files are delivered to the exact specifications requested.
- 2” Quad
- 1/2″ Open Reel
- U-Matic and U-Matic SP
- One-Inch Type C
- Beta formats: Betacam, Betacam SP, Digital Betacam, Betacam SX, Sony IMX, Betamax and Super Betamax
- D1, D2, D3 and D9
- M1 (also known as M) and M2
- Hi8, 8mm/Video 8 and Digital 8
- DVCAM, DVCPro 25 or 50
- MiniDV and MiniDV Long Play
- VHS, S-VHS and D-VHS
- DVCPro HD HDV
- HDCAM and HDCAM SR XDCAM
- Analog ¼” reel-to-reel (full track, half track, two track, quarter track)
- Audiocassette, Minicassette, Microcassette
- NAGRA sync sound reels
- 35mm and 16mm full-coat mag reels and 16mm optical sound reels
- Vinyl Records (78s, LPs, 45s)
- Transcription Discs,
- Wire Recordings
- Betamax, U-Matic and VHS PCM
- Audio DAT
- CD and MiniDisc
AUDIO MULTITRACK PLAYBACK
- Analog 2” 24 track
- Digital 1” 32 track PD
- Digital ½” 24 track DASH
- 35mm, 16mm and Super 16mm, 8mm, Super 8mm
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Call us at 770.932.9801 or fill out the short form below and someone from our team will promptly respond to your request.